8 YORK Snack Size Peppermint Patties* (.6 oz. each)
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
WHITE FROSTING (recipe follows)
PEPPERMINT PATTIE DRIZZLE (recipe follows)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 30 muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
2. Stir together dry cake mix and cocoa in large bowl. Place 1/3 cup mixture in bowl of food processor; set aside.
3. Remove wrappers from peppermint patties. Cut into pieces and place in food processor. Pulse until fine crumbs are formed. Add crumb mixture to cake mix/cocoa mixture.
4. Add eggs, milk, oil and peppermint extract. Blend on low speed of electric mixer until moistened (about 30 seconds). Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Fill muffin cups 1/2 full with batter.
5. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of cupcakes comes out clean. Cool slightly; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Frost with WHITE FROSTING and drizzle with PEPPERMINT PATTIE DRIZZLE. Garnish with additional peppermint pattie piece, if desired. Makes 30 cupcakes.
* 10 regular size YORK Peppermint Patties or 36 YORK Minis Peppermint Patties can be substituted for the Snack Size.
2 cups milk
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups shortening
3-3/4 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
Stir together milk and flour in 2-quart saucepan. Heat mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Remove from heat. Cover and refrigerate about 30 minutes or until cool, stirring occasionally. Beat shortening, powdered sugar, peppermint extract and salt in large bowl until smooth. Gradually beat in flour mixture until blended. Makes 5 cups frosting.
PEPPERMINT PATTIE DRIZZLE: Place 4 YORK Snack Size Peppermint Patties*(.6 oz. each) unwrapped and broken into pieces with 1 teaspoon water in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds until patties are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
* 5 regular YORK Peppermint Patties or 18 YORK Minis Peppermint Patties can be substituted for the Snack Size.