If we didn't have you at Whoppers candy, we'll get you at pie.
PREP TIME : 16 Minutes
- 1 carton WHOPPERS Malted Milk Balls (12 oz.) , divided
- 6 tablespoons butter , melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs , beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Kitchens SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Kitchens Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2-3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract , divided
- 1-1/2 cups chilled heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Additional WHOPPERS Malted Milk Balls for garnish (optional)
- 1. Place malted milk balls in food processor; process until crumbs form.
- 2. Butter bottom and sides of 9-inch pie plate. Stir together 2-1/2 cups malted milk ball crumbs and melted butter in medium bowl until well blended. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate. Refrigerate while preparing pie filling.
- 3. Stir together granulated sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt in medium saucepan. Combine eggs and milk; gradually stir into sugar mixture, blending well. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with wire whisk, until mixture thickens and just comes to a boil. Remove from heat.
- 4. Add chocolate chips, 3 tablespoons butter and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Stir until chips and butter are melted and the mixture is smooth. Pour into prepared crust. Immediately press plastic wrap onto pie surface. Refrigerate three to four hours or until firm.
- 5. Beat whipping cream, powdered sugar and remaining 3/4 teaspoon vanilla in medium bowl until stiff. Spread over top of chilled pie. Top with remaining crushed candy. Garnish with additional malted milk balls, if desired. Cover; refrigerate leftovers. Pie is best if eaten within 24 hours. Makes 8 servings.