Malted Milk Blondies
Despite the name, you don't have to be a blondie to enjoy these bars. You could be a brunettie or even a baldie.
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine (1-1/2 sticks) , softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups crushed WHOPPERS Malted Milk Balls , divided
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1. Heat oven to 350° F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- 2. Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large bowl until well blended. Add eggs; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in 1-1/2 cups crushed malted milk balls and nuts, if desired. Spread in prepared pan; sprinkle top with remaining 1/2 cup crushed candies.
- 3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until top is golden brown and center is set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes about 24 bars.