TAKE5 Hot Chocolate
Marshmallows are overrated. Do it right.
SKILL LEVEL : PREP TIME : Minutes
Ingredients and Directions
- ⅓ c. unsweetened hot cocoa powder
- ½ c. granulated (white) sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ c. boiling water (I heat it for 90 seconds in the microwave in a glass measuring cup)
- 3 ½ c. milk
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ½ c. heavy cream (or half and half)
- 1 tsp. caramel syrup whipped cream, to taste
- Chocolate syrup, to taste
- Crushed TAKE5 Bars
- Combine cocoa, sugar and salt in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in boiling water. Bring to an almost-boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer, whisking constantly, for 2 minutes. Stir in milk and heat until hot (do not bring to a boil—just until it is hot).
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and cream.
- Pour into 4 separate mugs, allow to cool to drinking temperature. Top with whipped cream, chocolate/caramel drizzle, crushed peanuts, and pretzel crumbs. (serves 4)