Peanut Butter Polka Dot Bars
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 egg(s)
- 3/4 cup REESE'S Peanut Butter, creamy
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- (hdr) (hdr) CHOCOLATE FILLING (recipe follows)
- 1-1/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) REESE'S MINI PIECES Candy
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- Heat oven to 350°F. Beat butter, peanut butter and brown sugar until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla; beat thoroughly.
- Stir together oats, flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture. (Dough will be thick.) Remove 2 cups dough; set aside. Press remaining dough onto bottom of 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Prepare CHOCOLATE FILLING. Spread filling evenly over dough. Sprinkle candy pieces evenly over filling. Crumble reserved dough evenly over filling.
- Bake 25 minutes or until top is golden brown. (Chocolate will be soft.) Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into bars. Makes 24 to 36 bars
- CHOCOLATE FILLING:
- Melt 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine in saucepan over low heat. Stir in 2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa and 1/3 cup sugar. Add 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk; cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and thick. Remove from heat; stir in 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
Created for Game Day by REESE’S®,
the Official Candy Partner of the NCAA®.
REESE’S is the Official Candy Partner of the NCAA® Football
© The Hershey Company
NCAA is a registered trademark of the National Collegiate Athletic Association and the NCAA Football logo is a registered trademark of the NCAA licensed to NCAA Football USA, Inc.