- PEANUT BUTTER CRUMB CRUST (recipe follows)
- 1-3/4 cups (about 11 to 12 standard) REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup dairy sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, melted
- 1/2 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter
- Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- Additional REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups (optional)
- Heat oven to 400°F. Prepare PEANUT BUTTER CRUMB CRUST. Remove wrappers from peanut butter cups. Cut each cup into about 16 pieces.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy in large bowl. Add eggs, beating well. Add sour cream and vanilla; blend thoroughly.
- Place 2 cups batter in separate bowl; blend in melted chocolate. Pour chocolate batter into prepared pan. Add peanut butter to remaining batter; blend thoroughly. Gently stir in peanut butter cup pieces; spread over chocolate batter.
- Bake 10 minutes. Without opening oven door, reduce temperature to 350°F. Bake additional 50 to 55 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Remove from oven to wire rack. With knife, loosen cake from side of pan. Cool completely. Refrigerate 6 to 8 hours or until thoroughly chilled. Just before serving, garnish with sweetened whipped cream and additional peanut butter cup pieces, if desired. Cover; refrigerate leftover cheesecake. Makes 12 servings.
- PEANUT BUTTER CRUMB CRUST: Stir together 1-1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 45 wafers, crushed) and 1/2 cup powdered sugar in medium bowl. Place 1/4 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter and 3 tablespoons butter or margarine in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds or until butter is melted and mixture is well blended when stirred. Add to crumb mixture, blending thoroughly. Press onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of 9-inch springform pan.
REESE’S is the Official Candy Partner of NCAA Basketball®
© The Hershey Company
NCAA, Final Four Friday, March Madness, and NCAA Basketball are trademarks of the National Collegiate Athletic Association.
"Coca-Cola" and the Contour Bottle design are trademarks of The Coca-Cola Company.