15 pieces REESE'S White Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures
ONE-BOWL BUTTERCREAM FROSTING (recipe follows)
1 REESE'S Peanut Butter Cup
1. Heat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour two 8-inch round baking pans with 2-inch sides and two 6-inch round baking pans with 2-inch sides.
2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans, filling each pan about 1/2 full.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
4. Remove wrappers from peanut butter cups; cut each cup into halves. Set aside.
5. Prepare ONE-BOWL BUTTERCREAM FROSTING; set aside. Loosen cake from pan sides; remove from pans.
6. To assemble cake, place one 8-inch cake layer on cake plate. Starting in the middle of the cake layer, spread 1/2-inch layer of frosting (about 1-1/2 cups) evenly over surface and just past the edge. Place second 8-inch layer on frosting, pressing gently.
7. Add about 1/4 cup frosting to center of top cake layer; center one 6-inch cake layer and press gently so that cake layer stays in place. Repeat frosting steps used for first tier. (Use about 3/4 cup frosting between the two 6-inch layers.) Frost entire cake. Place peanut butter cups halves over entire cake. Garnish with peanut butter cup. Makes about 20 servings.
3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
5-1/3 cups powdered sugar
1 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
2/3 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. Stir together powdered sugar and cocoa; alternately add with milk until of spreading consistency (additional milk may be needed). Blend in vanilla. Makes about 4 cups frosting.
FOR ALL NEWS CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER.
Sign up for our email list and we promise not to flood your inbox. But if we did, it would be with liquid peanut butter.