THE REESE'S CUP-INATOR BURGER
SKILL LEVEL : INTERMEDIATEPREP TIME : 30 Minutes
- 10 REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle
- 1 medium onion
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- Ground black pepper
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 brioche buns (toasted, if desired)
- 2 jalapeños, cut into 1/4-inch slices (or equivalent pickled jalapeños)
- 8 REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups Minis
- 4 grape tomatoes
- 1. Remove wrappers from peanut butter cups. Roughly chop 2 peanut butter cups. Set asidee chopped cups and whole cups.
- 2. Place barbecue sauce and chipotle in small saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until very hot, but not boiling. Remove from heat; add chopped peanut butter cups, stirring until melted and mixture is blended.
- 3. Peel onion; cut into 1/4-inch slices; set aside. Cook bacon in large skillet on medium heat until crispy and brown. Drain on paper towels.
- 4. Divide meat into four equal patties (about 1/2 pound each). Season with salt and pepper.
- 5. Place patties over direct heat; cook until slightly charred on both sides (about 3 to 4 minutes on each side). Move burgers off direct heat; continue to cook for several additional minutes or until burgers reach an internal temperature of 160° F. Remove from grill; top each with cheese slice.
- 6. For assembly: Spoon about 1 tablespoon barbecue mixture on bottom of each bun; add burger; additional 1 tablespoon barbecue, onion slice, bacon, jalapeño slices, 2 unwrapped peanut butter cups and top bun. Garnish with 2 mini peanut butter cups and grape tomatoes on wooden pick. Serve immediately. Makes 4 burgers.