REESE'S Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Sugar Cookies
SKILL LEVEL : BeginnerPREP TIME : 24 Minutes
- 10 REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Heat oven to 350° F. Line two baking sheets or cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Remove wrappers from peanut butter cups; set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar in bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment 4 to 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, mixing to combine. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; beat into butter mixture until just combined.
3. Divide dough into 10 (about 1/3 cup) pieces. Working with one piece at a time, divide each piece in half. Flatten one half to about 1/4 inch thickness. Place peanut butter cup on flattened piece. Flatten remaining half so that it covers peanut butter cup; press cookie edges together. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining dough pieces and peanut butter cups. Place 5 cookies about 2 inches apart on each prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until cookie edges are light golden. Cool completely on baking sheet. Cookies may be stored in airtight container for up to one week. Makes 10 cookies.
Recipe provided to The Hershey Company by PureWow and used with permission.