REESE Peanut Butter Blondie Cups Recipe
SKILL LEVEL : IntermediatePREP TIME : 20 Minutes
- 9 REESE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Candy, divided 9
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened 50 mL
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter 50 mL
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar 125 mL
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar 50 mL
- 1 egg 1
- 1 tbsp milk 15 mL
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 5 mL
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 300 mL
- 1/2 tsp baking soda 2 mL
- Pinch salt Pinch
- 1 tbsp butter or margarine 15 mL
- 1 tbsp HERSHEY'S Cocoa 15 mL
- 1 tbsp water (approx.) 15 mL
- 1/2 cup icing sugar 125 mL
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract 2 mL
- Decorative sprinkles or nonpareils (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease or line 24 mini muffin cups with baking cups. Remove wrappers from REESE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Candy. Finely chop 6 peanut butter cups; set aside. Cut each remaining cup into 8 wedges; set aside for the garnish.
2. Beat butter with peanut butter until smooth. Add brown and granulated sugars, egg, milk and vanilla; beat until well combined. Stir flour with baking soda and salt; add to butter mixture. Beat until well combined. Stir in chopped REESE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Candy.
3. Roll dough into 24 equal-sized balls; place in the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until set. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
4. Drizzle: Place butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 20 to 30 seconds or until melted. Stir in cocoa powder and water. Microwave on MEDIUM for 20 to 30 seconds or until mixture is hot, slightly thickened and smooth when stirred. Do not boil. Gradually whisk in icing sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add additional water, if needed, a few drops at a time or until desired consistency is reached.
5. Drizzle over cookie cups. Garnish immediately with a REESE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS Candy wedge and sprinkles (if using).
Makes 24 cookie cups.