1. Line cookie sheet or tray with wax paper. Place candies in heavy-duty food storage bag; crush with rolling pin.
2. Place white chips and shortening in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. Continue microwaving at MEDIUM in 15 second increments, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
3. Set aside about 1 tablespoon crushed candies; stir remaining crushed candy pieces into melted chips. Pour mixture onto prepared cookie sheet; spread to about 1/2 inch thickness. Gently tap cookie sheet on countertop to even out thickness of mixture. Sprinkle reserved candy pieces over surface. Repeat tapping cookie sheet on counter until candy is desired thickness.
4. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in cool, dry place. About 3/4 pound candy.
* Amount of candy can be increased or decreased according to your own preference.