1. Line cookie sheet with wax paper.
2. Place chocolate chips in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. Continue microwaving at MEDIUM in 15 second increments, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and smooth when stirred.
3. Set aside about 1 tablespoon crushed peppermint candies; stir remaining crushed candy pieces into melted chocolate. Pour mixture onto prepared cookie sheet; spread to about 1/2-inch thickness. Gently tap cookie sheet on countertop to even out thickness of mixture. Sprinkle remaining peppermint pieces over surface. Repeating tapping cookie sheet on counter until candy is desired thickness.
4. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in cool, dry place. About 3/4 pound candy.
* Amount of peppermint candy can be increased or decreased according to your own preference.