1. Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until fluffy. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until mixture forms a smooth dough. Remove 1-1/4 cups dough to medium bowl; blend in cherries, almond extract and about 6 drops food color.
2. Stir together cocoa and baking soda. Add with water to remaining dough; blend until smooth. Divide chocolate dough in half; roll each half between two sheets of wax paper, forming 12 x 4-1/2-inch rectangle. Remove top sheet of wax paper from each rectangle. Divide cherry mixture in half; with floured hands, shape each half into 12-inch roll. Place one roll in center of each rectangle; wrap chocolate dough around each roll. Wrap each roll in plastic wrap. Refrigerate about 6 hours or until firm.
3. Heat oven to 350°F. Cut rolls into 1/4-inch thick slices; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 7 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Prepare COCOA ALMOND GLAZE; garnish cookies with glaze. Makes about 7-1/2 dozen cookies.
COCOA ALMOND GLAZE
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa
2 tablespoons water
1 cup powdered sugar
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
1. Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Add cocoa and water; stir constantly until mixture thickens. Do not boil.
2. Remove from heat; gradually add powdered sugar and almond extract, beating with whisk until smooth and of desired consistency. Add additional water, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, if needed. About 1/2 cup glaze.