1. Prepare RANCH STYLE BARBEQUE SAUCE.
2. Wrap each shrimp with 1/2 bacon strip. Thread 3 wrapped shrimp onto each wooden skewer.
3. Grill or broil shrimp skewers until bacon is cooked and shrimp is no longer translucent, but has turned pink. Baste with barbeque sauce. Return to heat to warm sauce. Serve with additional barbeque sauce, if desired. 10 shrimp skewers.
RANCH STYLE BARBEQUE SAUCE:
1/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
1/2 cup minced onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cups ketchup
1 cup HEATH BITS 'O BRICKLE Toffee Bits
1/4 cup cider vinegar
3 tablespoons sugar
1-1/2 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat; add onion and garlic. Cook until tender. Stir in lemon juice, black pepper, mustard, paprika, hot pepper sauce and salt. Simmer for 5 minutes; reduce heat.
2. Stir in ketchup, toffee bits, vinegar, sugar and cocoa. Simmer 15 minutes. Refrigerate leftovers. About 3 cups sauce.
*To prevent wooden skeweers from burning while grilling or broiling, soak in water about 10 minutes before using.