1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13x9x2-inch baking pan with heavy duty foil; grease bottom and sides of foil.
2. Beat butter, sugar, corn syrup and vanilla in large bowl until fluffy. Add eggs; beat until blended. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended. Stir in 1 cup peanut butter chips; reserve remaining chips for glaze. Spread in prepared pan.
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies just begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
4. Lift foil and brownies out of pan; peel off foil. Cut lengthwise 2-inch wide strips from each side of brownie; place next to each other with cut sides facing outward. Place remaining center section on top to form remote control.
5. Place remaining 2/3 cup peanut butter chips and shortening in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 to 45 seconds or just until smooth when stirred. Place mixture in small recloseable plastic bag; snip off corner. Decorate to resemble remote control buttons, etc. ; allow to harden. Print numbers and letters with decorating gel, if desired. Cut into bars. 24 bars.