1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan.
2. Beat butter, shortening, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla until creamy. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with buttermilk, beating until well blended. Stir in coconut and pecans.
3. Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
5. Frost with TOFFEE CREAM. Garnish with additional toffee bits, if desired. Cover; store leftover cake in refrigerator. 12 servings.
TOFFEE CREAM: Beat 2 cups (1 pt.) cold whipping cream with 1/4 cup powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in large bowl until stiff. Fold in 1/2 cup HEATH BITS 'O BRICKLE Toffee Bits. About 4 cups.