1. Heat oven to 300°F (150°C).
2. In large bowl, beat butter, icing sugar and vanilla until creamy. Add cocoa; blend well. Gradually add flour, stirring until smooth.
3. Roll or pat dough to 1/4-inch (5 mm) thickness on lightly floured surface or between 2 pieces of wax paper; with cookie cutters, cut into holiday shapes. Re-roll dough scraps at end, cutting cookies until dough is used. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or just until firm. Immediately place white chocolate chips, flat side down, in decorative design on warm cookies. Let cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Store in airtight container.
Makes about 4-1/2 dozen (2-inch/5 cm diameter) cookies.
• For more even baking, place similar shapes and sizes of cookies on same cookie sheet.
• CHIPITS® Vanilla Flavoured Holiday Chips are red, white and green, so they’re perfect for adding colour to the Holiday Chocolate Shortbread Cookies.