1. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until blended. Add eggs and extracts; beat until light and fluffy. Gradually add 1-1/4 cups flour, blending until smooth. Stir in remaining 1 cup flour, baking soda and salt until mixture is well blended.
2. Place half of batter in medium bowl; stir in orange peel. Stir in food color, if desired. Melt chocolate as directed on package; stir into remaining half of batter. Cover; refrigerate both mixtures until firm enough to roll.
3. With rolling pin or fingers, between 2 pieces of wax paper, roll chocolate and orange mixtures each into 10x8-inch rectangle. Remove wax paper; place orange mixture on top of chocolate. Starting on longest side, roll up doughs tightly, forming into 12-inch roll; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm.
4. Heat oven to 350°F. Remove plastic wrap from roll; cut into 1/2-inch-wide slices. Place on cookie sheet at least 3 inches apart. Insert wooden stick into each cookie.
5. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookie is almost set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Wrap each cookie in plastic wrap and tie with ribbon, if desired. Makes about 24 cookies.