Stay In The Know! Subscribe to HERSHEY'S Free Newsletters.
Sign up today to receive wonderful recipes, great gift ideas, activities, and lots of tips and advice directly to your email inbox. It's free and easy, and you'll be one of the first to know about special offers, coupons, sweepstakes, and new products.
1 cup HERSHEY'S Spreads Chocolate with Almond or HERSHEY'S Spreads Chocolate
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease.
2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until well blended. Add egg and vanilla; beat until fluffy. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add alternately with buttermilk to butter mixture. Drop by rounded teaspoons about 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheet. Lightly press several almond slices on top of half of the cookies.
3. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until cookie springs back when touched lightly in center. Place cookie sheet on wire rack; sprinkle cookie tops with additional sugar, if desired. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
4. Spread about 2 teaspoons chocolate spread onto flat side of one plain cookie. Place flat side of almond topped cookie on top making a sandwich. Makes about 20 filled cookies.
* To sour milk: Use 1 teaspoon white vinegar plus milk to equal 1/3 cup.
Variation: Stir 1/4 cup coarsely chopped toasted almond slices into HERSHEY'S Spreads Chocolate.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!