Stay In The Know! Subscribe to HERSHEY'S Free Newsletters.
Sign up today to receive wonderful recipes, great gift ideas, activities, and lots of tips and advice directly to your email inbox. It's free and easy, and you'll be one of the first to know about special offers, coupons, sweepstakes, and new products.
Be creative while baking with these colorfully frosted sugar cookies!
3/4 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes
2 cups white frosting
1 to 2 bags CADBURY Mini Eggs Candy or (12-oz. each) REESE'S PIECES Peanut Butter Pastel Eggs
1. Heat oven to 350°F
2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until well blended. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Shape dough into 3/4-inch (about 1 measuring teaspoon dough) balls.* Place balls on ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
4. Place 1 teaspoon water and 2 to 3 drops food color in resealable food storage bag. Add coconut; shake bag and coconut to evenly color coconut. (Coconut may be divided if more than one color is desired.)
5. Frost cookies. Immediately sprinkle with coconut and top with 2 to 3 candy eggs. Makes about 8 dozen (1-3/4 inch) cookies.**
* If larger cookies are desired, roll dough into 1-inch balls. Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Yield will be about 3-1/2 dozen (2-1/2 inch) cookies.
** To decorate all cookies 2 bags of eggs will be needed.
TIP: Refrigerated sugar cookie dough or sugar cookie mix may also be used. Follow package directions for baking directions and yield.
Flavor is good, but the cookies DO NOT turn out like the picture. They are incredibly flat!! Also, only got 3 dozen from recipe. I was going to take these to a ladies sewing group for an Easter treat, but ended up not taking them, as I was expecting a fluffier cookie. Again, flavor was just fine, as had no complaints from the family.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!