- ROYAL ICING
- TWIZZLERS PULL 'n' PEEL Candy
- JOLLY RANCHER Fruit Chews
- Waffle ice cream sugar cones
- Red apples, green apples or mini pumpkins
- 1. Prepare ROYAL ICING. Separate TWIZZLERS PULL 'n' PEEL Candy into strands; trim if necessary. For each sorcerer "glue" candy strands to inside bottom of ice cream cone with prepared frosting to form hair. Let dry.
- 2. Remove wrappers from fruit chew candies. Knead candy until soft and pliable. (If necessary, heat candy in microwave at MEDIUM(50%) for about 5 seconds to soften.) Form or cut into desired shapes for decorations as well as facial features.
- 3. Sit ice cream cone on apple or mini pumpkin. Attach decorations to hat and facial features to apple or pumpkin with ROYAL ICING. Let dry.
- ROYAL ICING: Stir together 2-1/4 cups powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons warm water and 1 tablespoon pasteurized dried egg whites (meringue powder). Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until spreadable. Add additional water, 1 teaspoon at a time, if too thick. Divide icing into small bowls for each color desired and tint with food colorings. Transfer icing to pastry bags with desired tip. Cover icings and tips of pastry bags with damp paper towels to keep icing from drying out. (Some garnishes may need a firmer icing to hold their shape. Stir in small amounts of additional powdered sugar to get desired consistency.) 1 cup icing.