Stay In The Know! Subscribe to HERSHEY'S Free Newsletters.
Sign up today to receive wonderful recipes, great gift ideas, activities, and lots of tips and advice directly to your email inbox. It's free and easy, and you'll be one of the first to know about special offers, coupons, sweepstakes, and new products.
1. Heat oven to 325°F. Heat sugar in heavy medium skillet or saucepan over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and golden brown. Pour into bottom of 1-1/2 quart baking dish.
2. Pour evaporated milk into 2-cup glass measuring cup; add water to make 1-1/4 cups. Place cocoa in medium bowl; add enough of the reconstituted milk to form a paste and then gradually blend in the remaining milk.
3. Place chocolate milk mixture, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, vanilla and salt in blender container. Cover; blend until smooth and well blended. Gradually pour over sugar mixture in baking dish. Cover top of baking dish with foil to keep it from browning.
4. Set dish in a larger baking pan. Fill the larger pan with water until it reaches halfway up sides of dish. Bake 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until knife comes out almost clean when inserted halfway into center of custard. (Do not pierce bottom.) Remove from water to wire rack. Cool 2 hours. Cover; refrigerate overnight or until thoroughly chilled (about 8 hours).
5. To serve, run a knife or rubber scraper along the outside of the flan. Place serving plate over baking dish; invert onto serving plate. Let stand several minutes for the flan to release and the topping to drip down; remove baking dish. Garnish as desired. 8 servings.
* 1-1/4 cups whole milk may be substituted for the reconstituted evaporated milk.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!