- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- (hdr) (hdr) CHOCOLATE MOUSSE FILLING (recipe follows)
- Powdered sugar or CHOCOLATE GLAZE (recipe follows)
- 1. Heat oven to 400°F.
- 2. Combine water, butter and salt in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to full rolling boil; turn heat to low.
- 2. Add flour all at once; cook over low heat, stirring vigorously until mixture leaves side of pan and forms a ball, about 1 minute. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with spoon until smooth and velvety after each addition. Drop by scant teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- 3. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Remove from oven; cool on wire rack. Meanwhile, prepare CHOCOLATE MOUSSE FILLING. Slice off tops of puffs. With spoon, fill puffs with filling or pipe filling into puffs using a pastry bag fitted with a 1/4-inch tip. Replace tops and sprinkle with powdered sugar or prepare CHOCOLATE GLAZE; drizzle onto puffs. Refrigerate until serving time. Cover; refrigerate leftover puffs. About 2 to 2-1/2 dozen mini-puffs.
- CHOCOLATE MOUSSE FILLING
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1 cup (1/2 pt.) cold whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small cup; let stand 1 minute to soften. Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved and mixture is clear. Cool slightly.
- 2. Stir together sugar and cocoa in medium bowl; add whipping cream and vanilla. Beat at medium speed, scraping bottom of bowl occasionally, until stiff; pour in gelatin mixture and beat until well blended. Refrigerate 30 minutes. About 2 cups filling.
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 1. Melt 2 tablespoons butter or margarine in small saucepan over low heat; add 2 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa and 2 tablespoons water. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth and slightly thickened; do not boil. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- 2. Gradually add 1 cup powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, beating to desired consistency. About 3/4 cup glaze.