Stay In The Know! Subscribe to HERSHEY'S Free Newsletters.
Sign up today to receive wonderful recipes, great gift ideas, activities, and lots of tips and advice directly to your email inbox. It's free and easy, and you'll be one of the first to know about special offers, coupons, sweepstakes, and new products.
1. Move oven rack to lowest position. Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter 2-1/2-quart souffle dish; sprinkle with sugar. For collar, measure a length of heavy-duty aluminum foil to fit around souffle dish; fold into thirds lengthwise. Lightly butter one side of foil. Attach foil, buttered side in, around outside of dish, allowing foil to extend at least 2 inches above dish. Secure foil with tape or string.
2. Stir together cocoa, 1 cup sugar, flour and salt in saucepan; gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with whisk, until mixture boils; remove from heat. Gradually stir small amount of chocolate mixture into beaten egg yolks; blend well. Add egg mixture to chocolate mixture in pan, blending well. Cook and stir 1 minute. Add butter and vanilla, stirring until blended. Set aside; cool 20 minutes.
3. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar in large bowl until soft peaks form; gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Gently fold about one-third of beaten egg white mixture into chocolate mixture. Lightly fold chocolate mixture, half at a time, into remaining beaten egg white mixture just until blended; do not overfold.
4. Gently pour mixture into prepared dish; smooth top with spatula. Place dish in larger baking pan; pour hot water into larger pan to depth of 1 inch.
5. Bake 1 hour and 5 to 10 minutes or until puffed and set. Remove souffle dish from water. Carefully remove foil. Serve immediately with sweetened whipped cream. 8 servings.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!