Stay In The Know! Subscribe to HERSHEY'S Free Newsletters.
Sign up today to receive wonderful recipes, great gift ideas, activities, and lots of tips and advice directly to your email inbox. It's free and easy, and you'll be one of the first to know about special offers, coupons, sweepstakes, and new products.
1 cup HERSHEY'S Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate, HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips, HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Chips
1 tablespoon shortening(do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
4 cups Vanilla ice cream
16 Tablespoons HERSHEY'S Strawberry Syrup
1. Line cookie sheet or jelly-roll pan with waxed paper. Place cooling rack on prepared pan.
2. Trim rounded portion from top of cake. Slice cake horizontally into two equal layers (each about 3/4 inch thick). Using heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut heart shapes from cake. Place hearts on cooling rack. Set aside extra cake pieces for another use.
3. Place chocolate chips and shortening in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
4. Pour or spoon melted chocolate over and down sides of hearts. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until chocolate is firm.
5. For each sundae place chocolate-covered heart on serving plate. Add scoop of ice cream and drizzle ice cream with strawberry syrup. About 8 sundaes using 2-inch cookie cutter.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!