Stay In The Know! Subscribe to HERSHEY'S Free Newsletters.
Sign up today to receive wonderful recipes, great gift ideas, activities, and lots of tips and advice directly to your email inbox. It's free and easy, and you'll be one of the first to know about special offers, coupons, sweepstakes, and new products.
1. Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until fluffy. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until mixture forms a smooth dough. Remove 1-1/4 cups dough to medium bowl; blend in cherries, almond extract and about 6 drops food color.
2. Stir together cocoa and baking soda. Add with water to remaining dough; blend until smooth. Divide chocolate dough in half; roll each half between two sheets of wax paper, forming 12 x 4-1/2-inch rectangle. Remove top sheet of wax paper from each rectangle. Divide cherry mixture in half; with floured hands, shape each half into 12-inch roll. Place one roll in center of each rectangle; wrap chocolate dough around each roll. Wrap each roll in plastic wrap. Refrigerate about 6 hours or until firm.
3. Heat oven to 350°F. Cut rolls into 1/4-inch thick slices; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 7 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Prepare COCOA ALMOND GLAZE; garnish cookies with glaze. Makes about 7-1/2 dozen cookies.
COCOA ALMOND GLAZE
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa
2 tablespoons water
1 cup powdered sugar
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
1. Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Add cocoa and water; stir constantly until mixture thickens. Do not boil.
2. Remove from heat; gradually add powdered sugar and almond extract, beating with whisk until smooth and of desired consistency. Add additional water, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, if needed. About 1/2 cup glaze.
These cookies disappear faster than can keep up. No need for a cookie jar with these. Plus because they go in the refrigerator they are great for do ahead cookies. You can prep one day and bake the next. LOVE THEM!!!!!!
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!