Stay In The Know! Subscribe to HERSHEY'S Free Newsletters.
Sign up today to receive wonderful recipes, great gift ideas, activities, and lots of tips and advice directly to your email inbox. It's free and easy, and you'll be one of the first to know about special offers, coupons, sweepstakes, and new products.
1. Heat oven to 325°F. Combine graham cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar and melted butter in medium bowl. Press crumb mixture evenly onto bottom and about 1-1/2 inches up side of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
2. Increase oven temperature to 350°F. Beat cream cheese, remaining 1 cup sugar and vanilla on medium speed of mixer until well blended. Add sour cream; beat on low speed until blended. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Do not overbeat.
3. Pour half of filling into prepared crust. Reserve 1/3 cup cinnamon chips for drizzle. Sprinkle remaining 1-1/3 cups chips evenly over filling in pan. Carefully spoon remaining filling over chips. Place on shallow baking pan.
4. Bake about 1 hour or until center is almost set. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes on wire rack. Using knife or narrow metal spatula, loosen cheesecake from side of pan. Cool on wire rack additional 30 minutes. Remove side of pan; cool 1 hour.
5. Combine shortening and reserved 1/3 cup chips in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir until chips are melted. Drizzle over cheesecake; cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Cover; refrigerate leftover cheesecake. Makes 12 servings.
I was a bit skeptical of this recipe but it turned out amazing. I made a few modifications: first, I used two store-bought graham cracker crusts since I didn't have time to make my own. Second, I used all low-fat sour cream and cream cheese. Third, instead of the shortening glaze, I melted the remaining chips in the microwave for about a 45 seconds, and mixed with 8oz sour cream 1/4 cup sugar, and used this as a glaze layer on top of the cheesecake. Its easy to spread, and it becomes thicker when you refrigerate the cheesecake. Delicious!
Excellent recipe! Not one problem and considering this was the first cheesecake I had ever made, it turned out to be the best! Instructions were perfect and well written, this ensured the recipe came out perfectly. I highly recommend this for guests and entertaining, although this recipe is perfect for any occassion.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!