Stay In The Know! Subscribe to HERSHEY'S Free Newsletters.
Sign up today to receive wonderful recipes, great gift ideas, activities, and lots of tips and advice directly to your email inbox. It's free and easy, and you'll be one of the first to know about special offers, coupons, sweepstakes, and new products.
1 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
6 cups sliced strawberries
2 cups sweetened whipped cream
1/4 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
2 cups all-purpose baking mix
Chocolate Strawberry Shortcakes
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Whisk together baking mix, sugar and cocoa in large bowl, breaking up lumps to blend. Add milk and butter, stirring just until combined. Add chocolate chips, mixing to distribute evenly.
2. Divide dough into 8 equal portions. Place on ungreased cookie sheet, spacing 2 inches apart. Flatten each portion to about 3/4-inch thickness.
3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes until springy to the touch. Remove from baking sheet to wire rack. Cool slightly.
4. Place each shortcake on an individual plate. Spoon strawberries over shortcakes; top with whipped cream. Spoon additional berries over whipped cream and sprinkle with blueberries, if desired. Makes 8 servings.
SWEETENED WHIPPED CREAM: Combine 1 cup (1/2 pt.) cold whipping cream, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in medium bowl; beat until soft peaks form. About 2 cups whipped cream.
* Sliced strawberries may be sweetened, if desired, by adding 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar to berries while shortcakes are baking.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!