- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1-1/2 cups chow mein noodles
- 1-2/3 cups REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
- 1. Line tray with wax paper.
- 2. Place peanut butter chips and shortening in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Immediately add chow mein noodles; stir to coat.
- 3. Drop mixture by heaping teaspoonfuls onto prepared tray or into paper candy cups. Let stand until firm. If necessary, cover and refrigerate several minutes until firm. Store in tightly covered container. About 2 dozen treats.
- Substitute 1-2/3 cups of any HERSHEY'S or REESE'S chips for the peanut butter chips; proceed as directed above.