Stay In The Know! Subscribe to HERSHEY'S Free Newsletters.
Sign up today to receive wonderful recipes, great gift ideas, activities, and lots of tips and advice directly to your email inbox. It's free and easy, and you'll be one of the first to know about special offers, coupons, sweepstakes, and new products.
1. Beat egg yolks and 2 cups cream in large bowl on low to medium speed of mixer; set aside.
2. Stir together sugar and cocoa in large saucepan; gradually stir in egg yolk mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is very hot. Do not boil. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
3. Stir remaining 4 cups cream, almond extract and vanilla into chocolate mixture, blending well. Cover; refrigerate mixture at least 6 hours.
4. Pour chocolate mixture into cylinder of 4- or 5-quart ice cream freezer. Freeze according to manufacturer's directions; immediately fold in cherries and almonds. To ripen, repack in ice and salt; let stand several hours. About 2-1/2 quarts ice cream. 32 servings.
* To toast almonds: Heat oven to 350°F. Spread almonds in thin layer in shallow baking pan. Bake 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light golden brown; cool before using.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!