- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red food color
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup dairy sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 packages cream cheese
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 package frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- CHOCOLATE CRUMB CRUST
- 1. Prepare CHOCOLATE CRUMB CRUST. Heat oven to 400°F. Puree strawberries in blender container or food processor to yield 1/2 cup; set aside.
- 2. Place chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred; set aside.
- 3. Beat cream cheese with sugar in large bowl until smooth and creamy. Add eggs, sour cream, 3 tablespoons flour, vanilla and salt; beat until smooth. In separate bowl, stir together 1-1/3 cups cheese mixture, strawberries, remaining 1 teaspoon flour and food color, if desired. Pour strawberry batter over prepared crust. Carefully spoon 2 cups vanilla batter over strawberry batter; smooth surface. Stir melted chips into remaining batter; carefully spoon over vanilla batter, smoothing surface.
- 4. Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F; continue baking 55 to 60 minutes or until center of cheesecake is almost set. Remove from oven to wire rack. Cool 30 minutes. With knife, loosen cake from side of pan. Cool completely; remove side of pan. Refrigerate several hours before serving. Cover; refrigerate leftover cheesecake. Makes 12 servings.
- CHOCOLATE CRUMB CRUST: Heat oven to 350°F. Stir together 1-1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (about 45 wafers, crushed), 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa in medium bowl; stir in 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine. Press mixture firmly onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 8 minutes; cool slightly.