Stay In The Know! Subscribe to HERSHEY'S Free Newsletters.
Sign up today to receive wonderful recipes, great gift ideas, activities, and lots of tips and advice directly to your email inbox. It's free and easy, and you'll be one of the first to know about special offers, coupons, sweepstakes, and new products.
1-1/2 cups HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
2 tablespoons shortening
1. Grind toasted almonds in food processor. Lower oven temperature to 325°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Stir together ground almonds, coconut and orange peel; set aside. Stir together sugar and cocoa; set aside. Beat egg whites in large bowl on medium-high speed of mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar mixture, about 2 tablespoons at a time, beating on high speed of mixer until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
3. Gently fold almond mixture into egg-white mixture. Drop by slightly rounded teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheet.
4. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until firm. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
5. Combine chocolate chips and shortening in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred. Dip half of each cookie in chocolate mixture. Place on wire racks over wax paper until chocolate is set. Store cookies, loosely covered in containers, at room temperature. About 4 dozen cookies.
* To toast almonds: Heat oven to 350°F. Spread almonds in thin layer in shallow baking pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light golden brown. Cool completely.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!