Stay In The Know! Subscribe to HERSHEY'S Free Newsletters.
Sign up today to receive wonderful recipes, great gift ideas, activities, and lots of tips and advice directly to your email inbox. It's free and easy, and you'll be one of the first to know about special offers, coupons, sweepstakes, and new products.
Enjoy simple holiday cookies made with HERSHEY’S Cocoa and buttercream icing.
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Divide dough in half; place each half on separate sheet of wax paper.
2. Shape each portion into log, about 7 inches long. Wrap each log in wax paper or plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, at least 8 hours.
3. Heat oven to 325°F. Cut logs into 1/4- inch-thick slices. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
5. Prepare frosting, if desired; spread over top of cookies. Makes about 54 cookies.
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Yellow food color
Gradually add powdered sugar and milk to butter, beating to desired consistency. Stir in vanilla and food color. About 1 cup frosting.
I made these once for my Jewish friends -- and then almost ate them all myself! I had to make a second batch. These are the best chocolate cookie I've ever eaten and now I make them all the time. Chocolate-y good and moist. Yum.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!