Stay In The Know! Subscribe to HERSHEY'S Free Newsletters.
Sign up today to receive wonderful recipes, great gift ideas, activities, and lots of tips and advice directly to your email inbox. It's free and easy, and you'll be one of the first to know about special offers, coupons, sweepstakes, and new products.
2 sections HERSHEY'S Unsweetened Chocolate Baking Bar
About 24 wooden ice cream sticks
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon orange extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
1. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until blended. Add eggs and extracts; beat until light and fluffy. Gradually add 1-1/4 cups flour, blending until smooth. Stir in remaining 1 cup flour, baking soda and salt until mixture is well blended.
2. Place half of batter in medium bowl; stir in orange peel. Stir in food color, if desired. Melt chocolate as directed on package; stir into remaining half of batter. Cover; refrigerate both mixtures until firm enough to roll.
3. With rolling pin or fingers, between 2 pieces of wax paper, roll chocolate and orange mixtures each into 10x8-inch rectangle. Remove wax paper; place orange mixture on top of chocolate. Starting on longest side, roll up doughs tightly, forming into 12-inch roll; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm.
4. Heat oven to 350°F. Remove plastic wrap from roll; cut into 1/2-inch-wide slices. Place on cookie sheet at least 3 inches apart. Insert wooden stick into each cookie.
5. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookie is almost set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Wrap each cookie in plastic wrap and tie with ribbon, if desired. Makes about 24 cookies.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!