- 5 tablespoons colored sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Butterscotch Chips, HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 package golden sugar cookie mix
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F.
- 2. Empty cookie mix into large bowl. Break up any lumps. Add eggs, oil and water to mix; stir with spoon or fork until well blended. Stir in butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Cover; refrigerate dough about 1 hour.
- 3. Shape dough into 1-1/2-inch balls. Place colored sugar and granulated sugar in large reclosable plastic bag; shake well to blend. Place 2 balls into bag; reclose bag and shake well. Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat until all balls are coated with sugar mixture.
- 4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes about 30 cookies.
- COCOA SUGAR DOODLES: Substitute 5 tablespoons granulated sugar and 3/4 teaspoon HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa for amounts of colored and granulated sugars above.
- * RAINBOW SUGAR DOODLES: Substitute about 1-3/4 teaspoons each of blue, pink and yellow colored sugar for the 5 tablespoons colored sugar called for in recipe.