Stay In The Know! Subscribe to HERSHEY'S Free Newsletters.
Sign up today to receive wonderful recipes, great gift ideas, activities, and lots of tips and advice directly to your email inbox. It's free and easy, and you'll be one of the first to know about special offers, coupons, sweepstakes, and new products.
1. Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Divide dough in half; place each half on separate sheet of wax paper.
2. Shape each half into log with squared sides, about 7 inches long and 2-1/4 inches wide. Wrap each log in wax paper or plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, at least 8 hours.
3. Heat oven to 325°F. Cut logs into 3/8-inch thick slices. Place onto ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 15 minutes or until set. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Remove wrappers from chocolate pieces.
5. Prepare QUICK COOKIE GLAZE; drizzle cookies. Immediately place a chocolate piece on each cookie. Makes about 36 cookies.
QUICK COOKIE GLAZE: Stir together 3/4 cup powdered sugar, 3 to 4 teaspoons milk, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract and 3 or 4 drops green food color, if desired, in small bowl until of drizzling consistency.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!