Stay In The Know! Subscribe to HERSHEY'S Free Newsletters.
Sign up today to receive wonderful recipes, great gift ideas, activities, and lots of tips and advice directly to your email inbox. It's free and easy, and you'll be one of the first to know about special offers, coupons, sweepstakes, and new products.
60 (total) green and purple JOLLY RANCHER Original Hard Candies
1/2 of a baked and cooled white or yellow 13x9x2-inch cake*
1/2 cup vanilla frosting*
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips
1 tablespoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
24 lollipop sticks
1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1. Place candies of same color in food processor; coarsely crush. (Or place candies in heavy-duty food storage bag and crush with rolling pin.) Store crushed candies in food storage bag until ready to use so that candies don't clump.
2. Line tray with wax paper. Use hands to crumble cake into fine crumbs in large bowl. Add frosting; mix with hands until well blended.
3. Form mixture into 24 equal balls; place on prepared tray. Cover; refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm.
4. Place 1/4 cup white chips and 1/2 teaspoon shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. One at a time, dip about 1/2 inch of the tip of a lollipop stick into melted white chip mixture and insert stick about halfway into ball. Insert opposite end of lollipop stick into styrofoam block. Repeat procedure with remaining balls. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours or until balls are firm.
5. Line second tray with wax paper. Place crushed candies in shallow bowl. Place remaining 1-3/4 cups white chips and remaining 2-1/2 teaspoons shortening in deep microwave-safe bowl (such as large glass measuring cup). Microwave at MEDIUM 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
6. Dip cake balls into melted white chip mixture; gently tap off excess coating. Roll coated ball in crushed candies; place on prepared tray (much like dipped apples). Before coating sets press two small chocolate chips into ball to make "ghost eyes". (If coating sets too much before "eyes" are added dip the bottom of the chip into melted white chip mixture and add to pop.) Allow pops to set before storing in cool, dry place. Make 24 pops.
* Cake may be from cake mix or your favorite cake recipe. Additional frosting may be needed depending on cake recipe used.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!