Stay In The Know! Subscribe to HERSHEY'S Free Newsletters.
Sign up today to receive wonderful recipes, great gift ideas, activities, and lots of tips and advice directly to your email inbox. It's free and easy, and you'll be one of the first to know about special offers, coupons, sweepstakes, and new products.
Maraschino cherries with a white chip coating for a finishing touch.
About 48 maraschino cherries
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
1 to 2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
WHITE CHIP COATING
CHOCOLATE CHIP DRIZZLE
1. Cover tray with wax paper. Lightly press cherries between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture.
2. Beat butter, powdered sugar, cocoa and 1 tablespoon milk in small bowl until well blended; stir in vanilla and almond extract. If necessary, add remaining milk, one teaspoonful at a time, until mixture will hold together but is not wet.
3. Mold scant teaspoonful mixture around each cherry, covering completely; place on prepared tray. Cover; refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
4. Prepare WHITE CHIP COATING. Holding each cherry by stem, dip into coating. Place on tray; refrigerate until firm.
5. About 1 hour before serving, prepare CHOCOLATE CHIP DRIZZLE; with tines of fork, drizzle randomly over candies. Refrigerate until drizzle is firm. Store in refrigerator. About 4 dozen candies.
WHITE CHIP COATING: Place 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips in small microwave-safe bowl; drizzle with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. If mixture thickens while coating, microwave at MEDIUM for 15 seconds; stir until smooth.
CHOCOLATE CHIP DRIZZLE: Place 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and 1/4 teaspoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, oil or spreads) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds to 1 minute; stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
These are delicious! They are now more popular with my family than the ordinary chocolate covered cherries.
I ususally make a white fondant for chocolate covered cherries with a chocolate covering. These are even better. The chocolate fondant is delicious! These are so pretty on a tray with an assortment of mini-desserts.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!