Stay In The Know! Subscribe to HERSHEY'S Free Newsletters.
Sign up today to receive wonderful recipes, great gift ideas, activities, and lots of tips and advice directly to your email inbox. It's free and easy, and you'll be one of the first to know about special offers, coupons, sweepstakes, and new products.
1/4 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1. Line tray with wax paper. Wash apple; dry thoroughly. Remove core; cut into 8 slices. Blot dry with paper towels.
2. Place butterscotch chips and 2 teaspoons shortening in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds or until chips are melted when stirred.
3. One at a time, blot sides of each apple slice again and with fork, dip each slice completely into butterscotch mixture. Tap fork and gently shake to remove excess; place slices on prepared tray.
4. Place chocolate chips and remaining 1 teaspoon shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM 15 seconds or just until chips are melted when stirred. With tines of clean fork, drizzle over top of apples. 8 coated apple slices.
* Note: If coating mixture begins to thicken and tighten, stir in additional shortening, 1/2 teaspoonful at a time. Microwave at MEDIUM 15 seconds until smooth and fluid when stirred.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!