Stay In The Know! Subscribe to HERSHEY'S Free Newsletters.
Sign up today to receive wonderful recipes, great gift ideas, activities, and lots of tips and advice directly to your email inbox. It's free and easy, and you'll be one of the first to know about special offers, coupons, sweepstakes, and new products.
1. Toast walnuts*; cool completely. Process walnuts with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar in food processor or blender until finely ground.
2. Heat oven to 325°F. Grease 9-inch round baking pan. Dust with cocoa. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in large bowl until foamy; gradually add 1/3 cup granulated sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
2. Beat egg yolks, remaining granulated sugar, cocoa , milk and salt until thickened. Gently fold batter and walnuts into egg whites. Pour into prepared pan.
3. Bake 30 minutes or until torte springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool in pan on wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar. Serve with RASPBERRY SAUCE. 12 servings.
RASPBERRY SAUCE: Combine 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon cornstarch in saucepan. Add 1 package (12 oz.) frozen raspberries, thawed. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil 1 minute. Strain sauce through sieve. Cool to room temperature. Sweetened with additional sugar, if desired. About 2/3 cup sauce.
* To toast walnuts: Heat oven to 350°F. Place walnuts in single layer in shallow baking pan. Bake 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Cool.
Always read labels of each ingredient to ensure that they are gluten free prior to use.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!