Stay In The Know! Subscribe to HERSHEY'S Free Newsletters.
Sign up today to receive wonderful recipes, great gift ideas, activities, and lots of tips and advice directly to your email inbox. It's free and easy, and you'll be one of the first to know about special offers, coupons, sweepstakes, and new products.
HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Hearts or REESE'S Peanut Butter Filled Hearts
JOLLY RANCHER Heart-Shaped Lollipops
1 can (about 16 oz.) ready-to-spread vanilla frosting or your favorite homemade frosting
HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
HERSHEY'S HUGS Brand Candies
1. Prepare and bake cupcakes according to recipe directions; cool completely.
2. Prepare ROYAL ICING. Remove wrappers from desired number of chocolate hearts (faces) and lollipops (antennae and tails). Decorate chocolate hearts with facial features and draw hearts on lollipops. Allow frosting to harden. (If you don't like the design, wait until the icing has hardened and then you can remove without damaging the surface of the heart.)
3. Frost the cupcakes with vanilla frosting. Assemble "Love Bugs" by placing "face" and "antennae" on each cupcake or make a "Love Bug Catepillar" by using one "Love Bug Cupcake" and adding desired number of frosted cupcakes to form body. Decorate catepillar with alternating unwrapped HUGS and KISSES that form a stripe down the back of the catepillar. Place additional lollipop on last cupcake to make the tail.
HERSHEY'S RED VELVET CUPCAKES:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk or sour milk*
2 tablespoons (one 1-oz. bottle) red food color
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper or foil baking cups.
2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl; add eggs and vanilla, beating well. Stir together buttermilk and food color. Stir together flour, cocoa and salt; add alternately to butter mixture with buttermilk mixture, mixing well. Stir in baking soda and vinegar. Fill muffin cups about 1/2 full with batter.
3. Bake about 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Frost as desired. About 30 cupcakes.
ROYAL ICING: Stir together 2-1/4 cups powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons warm water and 1 tablespoon pasteurized dried egg whites (meringue powder). Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until spreadable. Add additional water, 1 teaspoon at a time, to get desired consistency. Divide icing into small bowls for each color desired and tint with food colorings. Transfer icing to pastry bags with desired tip. Cover incings and tips of pastry bags with damp paper towels to keep icing from drying out. (Some icing garnishes may need a firmer icing to hold their shape. Stir in small amounts of additional powdered sugar to get the desired consistency.) About 1 cup icing.
* To sour milk: Use 1 tablespoon white vinegar plus milk to equal 1 cup.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!