Stay In The Know! Subscribe to HERSHEY'S Free Newsletters.
Sign up today to receive wonderful recipes, great gift ideas, activities, and lots of tips and advice directly to your email inbox. It's free and easy, and you'll be one of the first to know about special offers, coupons, sweepstakes, and new products.
2. Heat oven to 425°F. Butter sides and bottom of four (6-oz.) ramekins. Place on baking sheet.
3. Dissolve instant coffee in water; set aside. Stir together flour, cocoa and salt; set aside.
4. Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Set aside 1 tablespoon granulated sugar; gradually beat in remaining granulated sugar, vanilla and dissolved coffee, beating thoroughly.
5. Separate egg yolks from the egg whites. One at a time, add egg yolks to butter mixture, beating well after each addition.
6. In separate bowl, beat egg whites at low speed until frothy. Gradually increasing to high speed, beat the whites until soft peaks start to form. Add remaining tablespoon granulated sugar, one teaspoon at a time, beating until stiff, shiny peaks form.
7. Fold one third of the cocoa mixture and one-third of the egg whites into the butter mixture. One half at a time, gently fold remaining cocoa mixture and egg whites into mixture.
8. Spoon about 2/3 cup batter into each ramekin. Place heaping teaspoon FROZEN CHOCOLATE mixture on center of each batter-filled ramekin. Spoon about 1/4 cup of remaining batter over FROZEN CHOCOLATE making sure to cover completely.
9. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until tops have started to crack.
10. While cakes are baking, reheat remaining FROZEN CHOCOLATE and make MOCHA CREAM.
11. To serve, carefully invert cake onto large dinner plate. Spoon MOCHA CREAM around base of cake; dust with powdered sugar. Garnish as desired. Serve immediately with the warmed chocolate sauce. 4 individual (6-oz.) cakes.
1 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips
1 teaspoon powdered instant coffee
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Place chocolate chips and instant coffee in medium mixing bowl. Stir together cream and corn syrup in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with wooden spoon, until mixture comes to a boil. Pour hot cream over chocolate, let stand 30 seconds; stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour chocolate mixture into shallow bowl or dish. Cool slightly. Freeze at least 3 to 4 hours (mixture will not freeze completely).
1 cup (1/2 pt.) whipping cream
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 tablespoon HERSHEY'S Cocoa
2 teaspoons powdered instant coffee
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Beat cream, powdered sugar, cocoa, instant coffee and vanilla in small mixer bowl until cream starts to thicken, but is still pourable. DO NOT OVERBEAT.
The recipe was good. It is very rich! You might note that while a 6 oz ramekin looks small the cake is really really filling and most of my family couldn't finish their serving. For a molten cake recipe this is one of the best ones I've found.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!