Stay In The Know! Subscribe to HERSHEY'S Free Newsletters.
Sign up today to receive wonderful recipes, great gift ideas, activities, and lots of tips and advice directly to your email inbox. It's free and easy, and you'll be one of the first to know about special offers, coupons, sweepstakes, and new products.
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Grease bottom of 10-inch tube pan.
2. Place cooled almonds in bowl of food processor with 1 tablespoon sugar; process until finely ground. Melt butter; stir in cocoa. Cool.
3. Beat egg yolks with 3/4 cup sugar in large bowl until pale yellow in color. Add cocoa mixture and salt; mix well. Stir in ground almonds.
4. Beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, beating until stiff but not dry. Add about 1/4 beaten egg whites to chocolate mixture; stir until well blended. Gradually fold remaining egg whites into chocolate. Pour into prepared pan.
5. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until set. Cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack. Unmold and remove bottom. Cool completely. Just before serving, decorate with apple slices and almonds; drizzle with honey, allowing to drip down sides. Cover until ready to serve. Makes 12 servings.
* To toast almonds: Heat oven to 350°F. Place almonds in single layer on shallow baking pan. Bake 7 or 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light brown. Cool completely.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!