Stay In The Know! Subscribe to HERSHEY'S Free Newsletters.
Sign up today to receive wonderful recipes, great gift ideas, activities, and lots of tips and advice directly to your email inbox. It's free and easy, and you'll be one of the first to know about special offers, coupons, sweepstakes, and new products.
Create Easter baskets of bright cupcakes topped with coconut and candies!
2 cups sugar
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
1 can (16 oz.) creamy vanilla ready-to-spread frosting
3-3/4 cups MOUNDS Sweetened Coconut Flakes
Assorted HERSHEY'S Easter Candies (JOLLY RANCHER Jelly Beans, CADBURY'S Mini Eggs Candy, HERSHEY'S Candy-Coated Milk Chocolate Eggs, HERSHEY'S Mini Robin Eggs, HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates)
33 TWIZZLERS Strawberry Twists
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups.
2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of electric mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
3. Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
4. To make Easter baskets, frost each cupcake with vanilla frosting. Immediately make "nest" on top of each cupcake with tinted coconut; place assorted candy in nests.
5. For handle, insert wooden pick in each end of strawberry twists; press down into each side of each cupcake, bending to form handle.** About 30 cupcakes.
*NOTE: To tint coconut, combine several drops green food color with 3/4 teaspoon water; add to 1-1/2 cups coconut. Stir until evenly tinted. Repeat using blue, pink or yellow food color.
** Adults should supervise children when preparing this recipe. Remove wooden picks before serving.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!