Stay In The Know! Subscribe to HERSHEY'S Free Newsletters.
Sign up today to receive wonderful recipes, great gift ideas, activities, and lots of tips and advice directly to your email inbox. It's free and easy, and you'll be one of the first to know about special offers, coupons, sweepstakes, and new products.
It’s a touchdown for your tastebuds. Game day doesn’t get any more delicious than this.
1 tablespoon HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
1 can (16 oz.) creamy vanilla ready-to-spread frosting
Green, red and yellow food color
1-2/3 cups HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips
1 package (8 oz.) REESE'S PIECES Candy
11 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
11 REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups Miniatures
3 HERSHEY'S HUGS Brand Candies
6 ROLO Chewy Caramels in Milk Chocolate
2 TWIZZLERS Rainbow Twists
2 (7-inch lengths) floral or craft wire
1. Prepare GRIDIRON CAKE. For chocolate frosting, stir cocoa into 1/3 cup frosting; stir until smooth. Set aside 2 tablespoons chocolate frosting. Tint 1/3 cup frosting orange with 1 drop red food color and 2 drops yellow food color; stir until blended. Tint remaining frosting green with 2 or 3 drops green food color; stir until blended.
2. Mark "end zones", 2 inches wide at each end of cake, using wooden pick; frost one end zone with chocolate frosting and the other end zone with orange frosting. Frost the area between end zones with green frosting; mark 5 yard lines with wooden pick. Place white chips all across cake on yard lines.
3. Use white chips to spell out "HERSHEY'S" on chocolate end zone; use brown REESE'S PIECES on the goal line. Use yellow REESE'S PIECES to spell out "REESE'S" on orange end zone. Use orange REESE'S PIECES on the goal line.
4. Remove wrappers from chocolates and peanut butter cups. Arrange teams on cake playing field, using HERSHEY'S KISSES Milk Chocolates as one team and peanut butter cups as second team. Place HERSHEY'S HUGS Candies as referee officials on the field.
5. Unwrap caramel candies. Make goal posts* in the middle of each goal line on each side of the field by using reserved chocolate frosting to stack and "glue" together 3 caramel candies. Insert floral wire into each twist, bending wire and twist to form "U" shape for goal posts. "Glue" this section with frosting to top of each stack of ROLO caramel candies and anchor with portion of wooden pick pushed into top of each stack. Makes 18 servings.
6. * Goal posts are for decorative purposes only and should not be eaten.
1 cup water
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
2 cups sugar
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup dairy sour cream
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 15-1/2 x10-1/2x1-inch disposable foil baking pan or jelly-roll pan.
2. Combine water, butter and cocoa in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture boils. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat; set aside.
3. Stir together sugar, flour, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs and sour cream; beat until blended. Add cocoa mixture; beat just until blended (batter will be thin). Pour into prepared pan.
4. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack.
This is a great recipe I make it every year for both of my sons little league football teams
Excellent, moist chocolate cake recipe. I used Kitchen Aid's Buttercream Frosting Recipe. I had difficulty "molding" the goal posts out of the twists. I have made this several years in a row and change each "team" on the end to match those competing in the Super Bowl.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!