Stay In The Know! Subscribe to HERSHEY'S Free Newsletters.
Sign up today to receive wonderful recipes, great gift ideas, activities, and lots of tips and advice directly to your email inbox. It's free and easy, and you'll be one of the first to know about special offers, coupons, sweepstakes, and new products.
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line bottom of 9-inch springform pan with foil; butter foil and side of pan.
2. Combine melted butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl; beat well. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in cocoa, flour and water; beat well. Stir in 1-2/3 cups white chips.
3. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in small bowl until stiff peaks form; carefully fold into chocolate mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake 45 minutes or until top begins to crack slightly. (Cake will not test done in center.) Cool 1 hour. Cover; refrigerate until firm.
5. Remove side of pan. Prepare SATINY GLAZE and WHITE DECORATOR DRIZZLE. Pour glaze over torte; spread evenly over top and side, Decorate top of torte with drizzle. Cover; refrigerate until serving time. Refrigerate leftover torte. 12 servings.
SATINY GLAZE: Place 1 cup HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips and 1/4 cup whipping cream in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Cool to lukewarm and slightly thickened.
WHITE DECORATOR DRIZZLE: Place remaining 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips (reserved from torte) and 2 teaspoons shortening in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 20 to 30 seconds or just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Place in pastry bag with writing tip or drizzle from spoon to decorate torte.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!