Stay In The Know! Subscribe to HERSHEY'S Free Newsletters.
Sign up today to receive wonderful recipes, great gift ideas, activities, and lots of tips and advice directly to your email inbox. It's free and easy, and you'll be one of the first to know about special offers, coupons, sweepstakes, and new products.
2 cups HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
Red food color
Candy sprinkles and other decorative candies or sugars
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over sides of pan. Grease bottom and sides of foiled-lined pan.
2. Melt butter in medium saucepan. Stir in sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, eggs, milk and 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract; blend well. Stir in nuts. Spread batter in prepared pan.
3. Bake 40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Just before brownies are done, melt chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk and remaining 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla. Immediately spread over hot brownie. Cool in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate just until fudge layer is set.
4. Using heart-shaped cookie cutters, cut out brownie hearts. Press each brownie heart out of cookie cutter so that fudge side is against wax paper. Turn over so that fudge side is on top.
5. Prepared and tint frosting to desired color or colors. Pipe messages or decorations onto fudge. Garnish with sugar and small candies as desired. About 24 hearts.
The BEST brownies I have ever made/tasted. I made these with a younger girl who isn't very into chocolate unless it is really unique and good. SHE LOVED THEM! Her whole family absolutely loved them and so did the guys that went over for the NBA finals.
this are real brownies!!! excellent taste... everybody loves them. I will make them again these week and for Valentines day!!! great hit!!!!
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!