Stay In The Know! Subscribe to HERSHEY'S Free Newsletters.
Sign up today to receive wonderful recipes, great gift ideas, activities, and lots of tips and advice directly to your email inbox. It's free and easy, and you'll be one of the first to know about special offers, coupons, sweepstakes, and new products.
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
2. Stir together flour, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.
3. Stir whipping cream into flour mixture, stirring just until ingredients are moistened.
4. Turn mixture out onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently until soft dough forms (about 2 minutes). Divide dough into three equal balls. One ball at a time, flatten into 7-inch circle; cut into 8 triangles. Transfer triangles to prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with additional granulated sugar.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm, sprinkled with powdered sugar, if desired. 24 scones.
So easy and the best scones I've ever tasted. I used 1 cup white chocolate chips and 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and didn't add the nuts. I'm hoping they freeze well.
I make these and the tropical ones for friends that are ill. I cut them out in heart shapes or round shapes and add a dusting of decorators sugar to the top. I put them in a basket with lemon curd and clotted cream, some teas and nice linen napkins, sometimes a teapot. They are the perfect gift to cheer up a loved friend.
excellent! I took these to work and everyone raved about how good they were!
I made these for a tea party with my daughters, niece, and mother-in-law. They were delicious!
Simply delicious! EVERYONE loves it, so easy and quick.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!