- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1 cup HERSHEY'S Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- POWDERED SUGAR GLAZE
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- 2. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in large bowl. Add orange juice, orange peel, shortening and egg; stir with spoon until well blended. Stir in cranberries, small chocolate chips and nuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 3. Bake 1 hour and 5 to 10 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Prepare POWDERED SUGAR GLAZE, if desired; spread over top of loaf. Cool completely. 1 loaf (16 servings).
- POWDERED SUGAR GLAZE: Beat 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon milk, 1 teaspoon softened butter and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl until smooth. (If thinner glaze is desired; add additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time.) About 1/2 cup glaze.