Stay In The Know! Subscribe to HERSHEY'S Free Newsletters.
Sign up today to receive wonderful recipes, great gift ideas, activities, and lots of tips and advice directly to your email inbox. It's free and easy, and you'll be one of the first to know about special offers, coupons, sweepstakes, and new products.
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Line 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch jelly-roll pan with foil; generously grease foil.
2. Beat egg whites in large bowl until soft peaks form; gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, a tablespoon at a time, beating on high speed of mixer until stiff peaks form.
3. Beat egg yolks and vanilla in medium bowl on high speed about 3 minutes; gradually add remaining 1/3 cup sugar. Continue beating 2 additional minutes or until mixture is thick and lemon-colored.
4. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gently fold into egg yolk mixture alternately with water just until mixture is smooth. Gradually fold chocolate mixture into egg whites; spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
5. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center. Immediately loosen cake from edges of pan; invert on clean linen towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. Carefully peel off foil. Immediately roll cake in towel starting from narrow end; place on wire rack. Cool completely.
6. Prepare WHITE CREAM FILLING. Unroll cake; remove towel. Spread with filling; reroll cake. Spread CHOCOLATE GLAZE over top and sides. Cover; refrigerate until just before serving. Garnish with WHITE LEAVES and candied cherries, if desired. Cover; refrigerate leftover dessert. 18 servings.
WHITE CREAM FILLING
1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
1 tablespoon cold water
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup (1/2 pt.) cold whipping cream
1. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small cup; let stand 1minute to soften. Place white chips and milk in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds to 1 minute; stir after 30 seconds, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Add gelatin mixture and vanilla; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
2. Beat whipping cream in small bowl until stiff; carefully fold into chip mixture. Refrigerate 10 minutes or until filling begins to set. About 2 cups filling.
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
2 tablespoons water
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat; add cocoa and water. Cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and slightly thickened. Do not boil.
2. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Gradually add powdered sugar and vanilla, beating with whisk until smooth. About 2/3 cup.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!